CPSC 317

Internet Computing

Filter Reviews

Reviews 4

Class Ratings

3.3OK Class

Prof: Donald Acton / Winter 2020

Mar 16, 2021

Comments on the course

Did not have a good experience, assignments and labs were disorganized and the piazza responses were slow. The prof had a policy of not responding to piazza for some reason.


Do lots of self learning

Grade: B+Attendance: MandatoryTextbook Use: Yes

Class Ratings

2Bad Class
2Barely Useful

Professor Rating

3OK Prof

Prof: Norman Hutchinson / Spring 2021

Apr 23, 2022

Comments on the course

Do not recommend. Questionable 100 or 0 marking, quizzes on unclear topics. No idea why this course is so popular.

Delivery: HybridGrade: BWorkload: ModerateTextbook Use: No

Class Ratings

4Good Class
3Avg. Difficulty
5Very Interesting
5Very Useful

Prof: Donald Acton / Winter 2021

Aug 15, 2021

Comments on the course

This was a challenging course as it covers topics I've never dealt with before, but definitely very eye-opening and useful. However, I felt that the course was a little disorganized - sometimes Donald adds new slides in the middle of the one we were going through, and it kinda becomes hard to keep track. You will have to pay attention to what he is explaining during lecture, because his notations and diagrams don't make sense without any context so reviewing his slides can get confusing. You will also need to make sure you read the corresponding readings in the textbook as it covers the topics way deeper, and can be on the exams. The tutorials were very helpful in understanding certain concepts, and the TA's are there to answer any questions if something doesn't make sense to you. The p...read more


The programming projects can get overwhelming due to the several requirements in the spec (which can sometimes be quite vague), so I recommend reading through it, making notes, and going to office hours to clarify any questions you have about it. It also helps if you have a partner for the projects :) And start early!

Grade: A-Workload: 2hrs/weekTextbook Use: Yes

Class Ratings

2.7OK Class
3Kinda Interesting
3Kinda Useful

Prof: Donald Acton / Spring 2021

Mar 25, 2021

Comments on the course

Lectures and labs were disorganized. Piazza answers and grading was super slow. The thing about this course, in my opinion, is that around 20% of content is super useful whereas the other 80% is super useless stuff which you would forget right after the final


lots of self-learning needed.

Grade: Not sure yetAttendance: MandatoryTextbook Use: Yes

Leave a Review

Overall Rating




Professor Rating

Comment on the course*

Course content

Comment on the professor